Aegon Asset Management Shared Service Center is looking for hands-on employees to fill the position with details below:
Back Office Processing Specialist (Budapest/United States)
Aegon Asset Management is part of Aegon Group, one of the world's leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager with offices in the USA, UK and the Netherlands. We use our investment management expertise to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security, with a focus on excellence, trust and partnership. Investors worldwide entrust Aegon Asset Management to manage approximately €360 billion on their behalf. We are now opening an office in Budapest to host a Shared Service Centre (SSC).
This is an exciting new venture to join an international asset manager and provide high quality hands-on investment support services to the rest of Aegon Asset Management. You will be working as part of a new team, but will cooperate closely with colleagues from the other offices.
Helping in setting up the Shared Service Centre in Budapest through quickly learning and teaching the tasks and processes, and by solving start-up problems with customer focus and quality in mind, creating a stable base that can be built upon.
Providing a reliable and robust hands-on processing of security transactions, payments, reconciliations and corporate actions in line with business needs and appropriate best practice together with your colleagues, which you train, support and guide as co-worker.
About the department
The Shared Service Centre team is initially responsible for the processing and administration of security transactions, including trade confirmation, settlement, cash management and payments, corporate actions, position and cash reconciliations and for a range of security types, e.g. fixed income, equities, bonds, repos and derivatives in a multi-currency environment. The expectation is that additional tasks will be added. You will have the chance to grow as the SSC grows.
As a SSC officer you are very knowledgeable and experienced on the majority of processes like settlements, payments, corporate actions and reconciliation. You are customer oriented, disciplined with a strong drive for accomplishment, quality, assertive and open in your communication to and from others, willing to seek and provide honest, balanced and meaningful critical feedback to your direct colleagues, including your manager. Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- 1-5 years of experience in the financial asset management industry with a bachelor or master’s degree in a financial or business administration area
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Working knowledge of investments
- Capability to view the series of activities as a chain or process
- Good command of MS Office, especially Excel
- Analytical, as well as process improvement skills
- Ideally experienced in training and coaching colleagues on the job in order to secure knowledge and to support development of colleagues from various locations.
In addition, having the following qualifications will be an advantage: Microsoft Office automation (VBA) and Lean/Agile way of working.
Furthermore you are capable of:
- Receiving on-the-job training for 6+ months in the United States in order to build, develop, and integrate processes back into the SSC after your assignment
- Working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment across different time zones
- Demonstrating an understanding of the flow of information, systems, and reporting tools, and use that knowledge to analyze, troubleshoot and document securities issues.
- Improving your work continuously.
What we offer
Aegon Asset Management aims to be an employer of choice in the financial service industry. As a global company, we offer excellence terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities.
Are you interested in joining our Shared Service Centre in Budapest? We are eager to receive your resume and motivation letter with salary expectation before 31 December 2018 to our website!
*If an AAM VH employee has referred you to this position, please indicate whom (first name and last) in your motivation letter and/or CV.